A simple guide on the how and why of kegel exercises and how weights such as Ben Wa Balls benefit vaginal health.
At Smitten we hear questions about this popular product all the time! Ben Wa Balls are by many names such as kegel balls, pleasure balls, kegel weights or Geisha Balls. Ben Wa Balls are small balls that can be made of metal, plastic or glass. They are usually solid but can also contain a small weight that rolls around inside them, creating a vibrating sensation for unique stimulation.
Ben Wa Balls are inserted into the vagina and require use of the muscles in the vagina (also known as pelvic floor or ’PC’ muscles) to hold them in place, therefore, helping to strengthen these important muscles. Building up the PC muscles aids in vaginal strength, bladder control, bowl urgency issues, orgasm control and can lead to more intense orgasms! Ben Wa Balls that are weighted create a ‘vibrating’ sensation when they are rocked back and forth. These may also called pleasure balls or duo-tone balls.
The first time you use your Ben Wa Balls can be a little intimidating. That’s why we have
put together the following guide.
Steps to Use Ben Wa Balls
- Use the restroom before inserting the balls in the vagina.
- Insert one ball at a time. You can put lubrication on the balls to help them glide in. Inserting the balls is similar to inserting an applicator-less tampon, such as O.B.. If you’re not used to inserting tampons or if you’re having trouble, try lifting one leg up or crouching while inserting the balls. You can also try inserting them while lying down.
- Once they are inserted, squeeze your leg muscles together followed by your PC muscles to hold the balls in. The balls should push down a little bit inside of you and may make your vagina feel “full”. Much like tampons, you should eventually get used to the feeling.
- Hold the balls inside for 10-15 minutes a day to strengthen your PC muscles. Once you become used to them you can hold them in for longer periods, even hours, for an even better workout!
- If any balls slip out, simply wash them well with cleaner and water and slip them back in.
- There are several ways to remove the balls including: jumping up and down, sneezing, coughing, sitting and bearing down with your pelvic muscles, lubricant can also help them slide out, etc. If you are concerned about removing the balls, you may want to purchase balls that are strung onto a retrieval cord. In any case do not panic! It is NOT possible for the balls to disappear inside the vagina, they will eventually come out on their own.
If you are new to Ben Wa Balls you may want to start by using larger glass or plastic balls rather than the heavier metal balls. These materials tend to be lighter and the larger size will help you to hold the balls in and gradually increase the strength of your PC muscles while you work your way up to heavier weights.
Start off using the balls at home and do not attempt any vigorous activity while you are getting used to them. Even coughing or sneezing could cause the balls to fall out. Once you have built up the strength of your PC muscles you may try wearing them in public, however, keep in mind that metal balls will set off metal detectors and having them come out accidentally could be awkward so plan accordingly.
Ben Wa Balls can also be used to enhance sexual stimulation. Rocking back and forth while the balls are inserted will stimulate the inside of the vagina and use during intercourse will move the balls around stimulating both the vagina and the penis.
Stay away from Ben Wa Balls that have a cloth or cotton string connecting them together. These strings are very difficult to properly clean and could possibly lead to infection.
As you can see, Ben Wa Balls have many benefits! These small little weights allow you to improve your sex life while having fun at the same time and are the easiest workout routine you will ever have! It’s easy to see why women world-wide have loved their Ben Wa Balls for hundreds of years!